Alveare Cooking Master Classes!


If you happened to wander through the corridors of Alveare at any stage of last term, you would have smelt the wonderful wafts of home cooking that were coming from our kitchen!

Our aim was to invite families in to to some cooking with the children and share some simple recipes that they make at home. 

Thank you to the people that were able to come in and help and thank you to the families who continue to talk to the children about food, culture and traditions at home.

Below is a range of photos and comments from the kids about the cooking sessions. 




 "My favourite food was the pikelets because they tasted yummy" Olivia



"What is Max doing in the background?" Jude L


"Looks like someone is stirring really fast!" Chris

"It looks like Ed is licking the bowl!" Stanley





"These look really yummy" Kai


"I wonder what they are making" Jude E

"It was fun making the coconut slice" Marlon




"it was really fun making the chocolate coconut slice with Elssie's mum and doing the cooking" Felix


"I like the fact that we got to taste different foods" Claudia



"It was fun how we got to get our hands dirty. It felt really squishy." Bebe


"It was fun having the adults and parents in to help" Olive

"Ewwwwwww" Zoe



"It was really fun pulling off the prawn's heads!" Tully












"The wantons were really delicious" Mia





"I have honey joys every year on my birthday" Anya



"I enjoyed cooking the honey joys" Sunday S


"This honey comes from my grandma and grandpa in Castlemaine" Noah


"The honey tasted really hot and sticky and yummy" Bella


"I enjoyed making honey joys!" Louiza


"The honey joys were really tasty and sweet" Ed






"I wonder what they put in that green stuff!" Oliver





"The flour was very messy" Ed



"To Gabrielle, this pizza was yummy!" Reuben


"It was fun cooking the pizza" Konstance


 "It was funny eating pizza in the staff room" Finn


















"I think that heaps of people liked the fruit salad" Sunday






"This was really fun and this lady was very funny!" Oscar







"This was a really fin experiment" Claude



"I like how she came in and taught us lots of cool stuff about strawberries" Lizzie


"We are doing a science experiment with strawberries" Alex


"This science is fun!" Taya




"I thought those Honey Dumplings were very tasty" Siam




"I wonder what they are making…"Olivia



"I wonder what they are making…" Connor














"Hi Mum!" Zoe