Science


Alveare were very fortunate to have Fleur and Jose come to school and bring in some microscopes so we could examine some of the things we have found at Merri Creek. The microscopes allowed the children to see details that are invisible to the naked eye. They also gave the children the opportunity to think about other things around us that exist but we can not see.


Sangyog – I saw the butterfly’s wings. They looked like little dots and bumps.


Oskar – I saw the butterfly’s head it is really hairy and it has huge eyes. 


Ed – I learnt that a butterfly’s wings is made of like terracotta tiles. 


Chirs – I looked at a bug that had a ripped bit in it. It looked rough like sand. 


Oliver – I saw what I think was butterfly’s snot. It was coming out its face. 


Olivia – I liked it because it was interesting and fun.


Olive – I think it was nice they gave up their time from work to teach us. It was kind. 


Bebe – It was very nice of Veronica’s parents to do interesting things. Her dad told me about the butterfly and the scales. They were like stumpy circles and he taught me about the tongue. 


Stanley – I saw the butterfly and a bug. I could see the wings and the legs. The butterfly has like a straw out of it. 


Lenny – I saw the slime from in the river. It was really dirty. 





Sholto – I saw some really cool bacteria. I could see the bacteria moving around. I was like a semi-circle with a dot in the middle.



Eleanor – Some things are gross and some things are cool but everything was interesting! 


Kaden – I saw the butterfly. It was pretty cool looking at it up close. I could see the patterns and the wings up close.


Oskar – I saw the butterfly’s head it is really hairy and it has huge eyes. 


Fleur and Jose thank-you for your enthusiasm, expertise and time. The children really benefited from the experience and enjoyed every minute!