Celebrating Our Published Stories
Hello families. In this blog are some of the photos taken during The Writer's Festival. The children had a lovely afternoon sharing their published books. Enjoy.
“We read to
know that we are not alone.”
“The more
that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more
places you'll go.”
“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
“Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.”
“Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.”
― Joseph Addison
“He liked the mere act of reading, the magic of turning scratches on a page into words inside his head.”
― John Green
“You can make anything by writing.”
― C.S. Lewis
“I read for pleasure and that is the moment I learn the most.”
― Margaret Atwood
“Read. Read. Read. Just don't read one type of book. Read different books by various authors so that you develop different style.”
― R.L. Stine
“I'm wondering what to read next." Matilda said. "I've finished all the children's books.”
― Roald Dahl
“Reading... a vacation for the mind....”
― Dave Barry
“We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading.”
― B.F. Skinner
“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
― Philip Pullman
“The scariest moment is always just before you start.”
― Stephen King
“When I look back, I am so impressed again with the life-giving power of literature. If I were a young person today, trying to gain a sense of myself in the world, I would do that again by reading, just as I did when I was young.”
― Maya Angelou
“You can make anything by writing.”
― C.S. Lewis
“Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.”
― Margaret Fuller







