Signs and Symbols - Going Further!

We have been exploring and learning more about signs and symbols over the last few weeks. The children rotated around three activities. They were investigating the different characteristics of signs and symbols, explaining what they mean to them and researching aboriginal symbols through artwork. 


Classification investigation 


 Sharing ideas to help the sorting process...


''Where should I put this?"


Children looking at a variety of signs and symbols and answering the question, "What does this mean?" The children's responses are on display in the corridor - you are welcome to take a look!



Deep in thought....



Do these symbols look familiar? What do they mean?

Exploring aboriginal symbols through artwork.


Discussing what symbols they can find in this peice.



Where might we find this symbol?


Exploring aboriginal art.


What symbols can we find in here?

"I think this is a four leaf clover and it means that you get luck if you find one." 




"I think this one meant you need to wash your hands"

Sorting....


"We were writing about what the symbols meant. My favourite was the Olympic symbol"


Sharing ideas and opinions


"This is the symbol of Christmas"